What Does MARLIES Y. HENDRICKS CPA PLLC Accounting Firm Do with Your Personal Information?
Federal law requires us to tell you how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. Federal law also limits how we can use your personal information. Protecting the privacy and security of consumers' personal information is very important to us. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do with the personal information we collect both online and offline.
When you contact us to help you with a problem, any personal information you provide is voluntary. We collect and use only the minimum information necessary to respond to your concerns and conduct investigations. In most cases, we collect very detailed information, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, Social Security numbers, Social Insurance numbers, bank records, mortgage or health receipts, etc.
When Do We Collect Personal Information?
When You Contact Us...
- To provide accounting, tax and consulting services
- To communicate with your bank, lawyer, business partner, tax department as authorized
- To assist you with your tax problem with the IRS, Any State Department of Revenue, and/or CRA (Canada Revenue Agency)
When We Contact You...
- To ask you for dates when you will be providing your accounting and tax records on time to us.
- To provide information in response to IRS, Any State Department of Revenue, and/or CRA requests, subpoena or other legal processes.
When We Contact Others...
- To collect information from your Bank, another Accounting Firm or your Legal representative at your request and as known to you and authorized by you.
Where Does Your Information Go?
Within the Firm...
- Our employees or professional licensed Accounting contactors use your information when they perform certain services, such as preparing Financial Statements (Notice to Reader, Review Engagement or Audit engagements), corporate or personal tax returns, tax consulting advise, payroll, bookkeeping, etc.
- All unused papers are shredded weekly by us
- All our corporate and personal client record files are retained in storage by us for 6 years.
To Government Agencies (Federal, State, Local, International)...
- We work with our clients to advise you on tax compliance deadlines for you to meet your mandatory tax filing deadlines under our best attempts for you to have a positive experience with Marlies Y Hendricks CPA PLLC Accounting Firm, while disclosing your confidential information sent correctly and unless forwarded late by you, will be filed on time with the IRS and/or Canada Revenue Agency (”CRA”).
To Others Outside Government...
- We do not provide information to credit bureaus.
- We do not provide phone numbers, address or emails to telemarketers to enforce the National Do Not Call Registry.
- We provide information to lawyers/attorney’s in response to court orders, subpoenas, or Freedom of Information Act and will attempt to contact our client to receive your consent.
Third Party Sites
Write to the FTC's Chief Privacy Officer:
Federal Trade Commission
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW H-466
Washington, DC 20580
Questions About Identity Theft & Online Issues
Visit ftc.gov/idtheft to learn about the crime of identity theft, including detailed information to help you deter, detect, and defend against it.
Visit OnGuardOnline.gov to learn how to be on guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer, and protect your personal information.
Questions About Other Issues
Visit our Contact Us page to find email, phone, and mail contact information to communicate your issues.
Last Modified: [October 4, 2018]